i have a tendency to buy tons of pretty island fruit from the asian market: bananas, papayas, and pineapples. i place them in a colorful bowl, then let it sit for weeks without ever eating them. what a waste. i managed to save a batch of over ripped niña bananas by throwing them in the freezer. a few days later, i defrosted them in the microwave and used them in this banana muffin recipe. all the sticky juices came out of the fruit. i think that's why it turned out to be the best batch yet. two niña bananas are equivalent to about one banana.
- 1 1/4 cup white flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 medium bananas
- 2/3 cup vanilla soymilk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
Lightly spray a muffin pan with cooking spray. This recipe sticks to cupcake liners. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Make the Banana Cupcakes:
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Mix the bananas, soymilk, canola oil, and vanilla together in a blender, or mash the bananas well with a fork and mix the wet ingredients together in a large measuring cup or small bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir.
- Put one spoonful of batter in each part of the muffin pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in a cupcake comes out clean.
Let the banana cupcakes cool for 5-10 minutes before removing them from the pan.