|dairy-free and coconut-free curry basil chicken|
they had never eaten curry because it usually contains coconut milk or a heavy milk cream. i took a recipe from my cousin jamie and removed the dairy.
• 2 tbspn olive oil
• 4 large boneless chicken breast (or any chicken)
• 5 clove garlic, chopped
• 3/4 cup soy milk (i used vanilla)
• 2 tbspn tofutti sour cream (optional)
• 1 1/2 - 2 tspn curry powder
• salt & pepper
• 2 tbspn fresh basil chopped
1. in a large frying pan, heat oil. add chicken and sprinkle with salt & pepper. fry chicken until slightly brown but not all the way cooked.
2. push chicken to the side, add garlic until slightly brown.
3. stir in soy milk & curry powder, cover and simmer until chicken is cooked. about 10 minutes.
4. remove from heat and mix in tofutti sour cream. (optional)
6. top with chopped basil and serve.