|beef curry. no milk, no coconut milk.|
on a curry roll... this time the girls asked that i make their plate like "how hello kitty eats it". which meant, a perfectly round circle of rice with curry poured evenly, covering a perfect half of the circle. instead, i one upped their request and made a hello kitty platter. cute, no?
• 2 lbs beef cubed
• 5 cloves garlic minced
• 1/2 onion chopped
• 2 bay leaf
• 1/4 tspn crushed red pepper (no more than this for kids)
• 2 tspn curry powder
• 1 1/2 cup soy milk
• 2 medium tomatoes sliced
• 1 tbspn lemon juice
• 2 carrots sliced thick
• 1 potato cubed
• 2 tbspn tofutti sour cream (optional)
• cooking oil
1. heat oil in pot. saute onion & garlic, then beef, sprinkle with salt. saute until brown.
2. add curry powder, bay leaf and crushed red pepper. stir well.
3. add soy milk, cover and bring to a boil.
4. mix in tomato and lemon juice, cover and lower heat to simmer for 1 hour.
5. add potato and carrot, simmer for another hour or until beef is super tender.
6. remove from heat and stir in tofutti sour cream.
serve with hello kitty shaped rice and greens!
happy birthday auts! a hello kitty post, an ode to our childhood.