|chocolate, strawberry & blueberry filled crepe -- no egg, no milk|
• 3/4 cup soy milk
• 1/2 cup water
• 1/4 cup melted earth balance butter
• 1 tbsp sugar
• 2 tbsp maple syrup
• 1/4 tspn salt
• 1 cup all-purpose flour
filling & topping:
• fresh sliced strawberries
• ghirardelli chocolate chips
• powdered sugar
... really, anything you want.
whisk together all ingredients, adding the flour last. for a thinner crepe, add a bit more water until its your desired consistency. then, cook like pancakes, adding a bit of earth balance butter before each crepe. use a 1/3 measuring cup to pour into pan. i tilt the pan to spread the batter thin, if you have a crepe tool, use that. cook til brown and flip. i'll add the chocolate chips here and let it melt while the other side is cooking. wrap fruits in the center and dust with powdered sugar.
prevent crepe from sticking to the pan:
• heat pan at medium heat for at least 5 minutes before cooking. i use a restaurant style pan (no teflon) and i've never had a problem.
• chill batter in the fridge for a few hours before cooking. this also prevents it from sticking. i've been doubling the recipe and storing in the fridge for quick morning crepes. yes, even on school and work mornings. its that easy.